KARMA STEELS PVT. LTD
Product Catalog | Contact Info Home | Profile | Products | Quality Assurance | B2B | Contact Us | Terms of Service
| || |
We are a professionally managed company well conversant with the manufacture of precision mechanical items, assemblies and special machines of light, medium and heavy engineering industries.
We specialize in the manufacture of tailor-made components and assemblies with the main thrust of our business in forgings (Open die and Closed die) for diverse end users like Steel Plants, Machine Tools, Cements, Fertilizers, Petroleum, Mining, Petrochemicals, Ship Building, Material Handling etc.
| || The Managing Director, Mr. Kirti Kamdar is a First Class Mechanical Engineer, B.E. (Mech.) from the University of Bombay, graduated in the year 1975. |
He has been involved in the "Forging" business since 1977. During 1979-80, he went to Osaka in Japan for training in forgings for a period of 7.5 months
In the last 15 years or so, "Value Added Forgings" are being supplied to the end users in fully furnished condition from weight range of a few Kg. to almost 5 M.T. single assembly.
|View Photo Gallery | Product Catalog |
• Twist Locks and Head Block Pins for Spreader of Mobile Reach Stacker, RMQC & RTGC
• 5th Wheel King Pins for Semi-Trailer
• Gears, Pinions and special Gear Boxes as per given design
• Crank Shafts, Connecting Rods, Piston Rods, Cylinders
• Pull Rods, Torque Arms
• Special flanges, Couplings, Spindles, Rings
• Rolls and Roll Assemblies with Sprockets and Bearings etc.
• Trunnion and Support Roller Assemblies with Shrunk Fitted Shaft
• Screw Forks, Eye Bolts, Turn Buckles, Hook Bolts and Foundation Bolts
• Springs - Compression and Tension (Wire Dia upto 16 MM).
• High Tensile Industrial Fasteners (Size > M 16)
• Shaftings, Bushings, Wheels, Trunnions, Clevis
• Complete Hook Block Assemblies and Special Hooks
• Liners, Wear Plates, Friction Plates
More >> Read on our products
1) Fork Link Chain (Redler Type)
• DROP FORGED, Pitch 102 MM, 125 MM, 142 MM, 200MM, 216MM & 260 MM (In Carbon Steel as well as case hardening steels). Choice of flights as per customer's requirements. Average Breaking Load: 8T to 80T. Drop forged from the finest quality carbon steel or low carbon alloy steel as per design considerations. Necessary machining is carried out to avoid sharp corners.
More >> Read on our Redler Chains
2) Rivetless Type
• DROP FORGED, Pitch 3.031", 4.031", 6.031" & 9.031" (In Carbon Steel as well as Alloy Steels). Average Breaking Load: 11T to 100T. Combination of greater strength and lightweight is the characteristic of Rivetless Chains. All forged construction, with through hardened links and pins (Carbon or Alloy steel) assures maximum strength, wear resistance and longer life.
More >> Read on our Rivetless Chains
3) Steel Knuckle Chain (Elevator Type)
• Pitch 6" and 9" (In case hardening and Alloy Steels). Average Breaking Load: 45T. to 101T. These chains operate under most adverse conditions like Elevators, Apron conveyors etc. Chains are offered in both straight and off-set side bar construction
More >> Read on our Elevator Chains
Incoming raw materials (billets or bars) are identified with color code and/or serial nos. marked on both faces of the bars. Steels are kept separately gradewise. For a larger volume, steels are bought directly from the steel producer and chemical composition and other metallurgical properties are counter checked at laboratories to confirm with the test certificates.
More >> Read on raw materials processing
Only after confirmity of physical properties, the machining operations are started. In case of requirement of ultrasonic testing (as for most of open forged components), it is carried out after rough machining but before final machining avoiding closer steps, drilling, tapping, threading, taper portions etc. The procedure followed for most of the testing is as per SA 388 with DAC curves or flat bottom holes (FBH).
| || |
QAPs and Test Certificates
Quality Assurance Plans (QAPs) are prepared and submitted to clients / thier inspection agencies for approval and changes, if any, are incorporated. A test certificate is submitted to the customer for every batch of supply indicating various tests carried out like chemical, physical, impact, metallurgical, ultrasonics, dimensional checks.
Cut pieces of exact weight are charged in the batch type furnace and heat treated gradually to proper forging temperature. Intermittantly, temperatures are checked with optical pyrometer. Forging is done by using best techniques and tools and undergo sufficient reduction to ensure internal soundness.
More >> Read on our forging process
The forgings are heat treated precisely as per customer's requirement. For normalising / annealing processes, 20% hardness check / batch of heat treatment is carried out. For hardening jobs, 50 to 80% hardness check is carried out in addition to micro structure checking per batch of heat treatment. Many times rough machining is done between annealing and hardening process.
More >> Read on heat treatment process
|Finish Machining |
The various dimensions are measured with precision instruments, special guages, thread guages etc. and inspection checks are done stagewise. For bigger components, final dimensional checks are recorded individually and a copy of the same is submitted to the customer.
| Considering the current trend of B2B marketplaces on the internet and their obvious strength of connecting buyers and suppliers worldwide, Karma Steels has registered itself on two of the most popular online B2B marketplaces i.e. Alibaba.com and EC21.com. Please click on the above logos to find our profile, products and selling leads on these sites. || |
Feel free to contact us about your inquiry regarding our products, company, production capacity, quality assurance etc. and / or for purchase orders, business relations, feedback or any other questions that you may have.
You may contact us via phone, fax or email at:
|Office Address: 502 Satya Sadan, 295, Bhimani Street, |
Matunga (East), Mumbai - 400 019 (INDIA)
TEL: 0091-22-24143656, FAX: 0091-22-24143886
Copyright © 2015 Karma Steels Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved. Home | Profile | Products | QA | B2B | Contact Us | Terms of Service